About the job
Advocado is a cross-media data management platform that connects offline and online audience insights to influence the customer journey. Built by marketers for marketers, the platform uses signal data via patented watermark technology, natural language processing, automated content recognition, and real-time weather to instantly generate, integrate, analyze, and activate their data to drive better performance.
Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, Advocado has built a platform that helps fill visibility gaps with unique data that advertisers, media companies, and agencies use to help them target and adjust their spending on the fly for multi-screen campaigns more effectively and bridge the gap between offline audiences and digital behavior.
Become a key part of a fast-growing engineering team that embraces product focused agile, and truly empowers the team to deliver. Ideally looking for a full stack developer with experience in managing cloud based production web application systems, including debugging, log and query analysis, performance and feature improvements, and bug fixes. We value the desire and ability to quickly learn new technologies and frameworks, so for example while our apps are generally written in TypeScript and run in AWS, years of experience with those specific technologies are not required. We are constantly pushing the envelope of cloud technology and digital advertising, and need team members who can help our platform “stay healthy” and efficient while scaling with our rapidly growing business. So if you like to learn, grow and be challenged daily, this could be the job for you!
Responsibilities & Duties:
Fill a key role within our engineering team working on our software platform to keep it healthy and functioning with high performance as our company (and users/data) rapidly scale!
Design, implement and manage application health and security alerts, as well as monitoring those alert streams and responding to resolve production impacting issues, either directly or by engaging the appropriate resources to work towards quick resolution.
Software development, primarily bug fixes, performance and feature improvements on a series of Node/Express APIs written in TypeScript, as well as on client side web applications developed on Angular 8+, or AWS Lambda based applications.
Develop and release engineering, including working with AWS services like Kinesis, S3, EC2, VPC, Elastic Beanstalk, Code Pipelines, Cloudwatch / EventBridge, Lambda, and more. Help us keep our AWS services and software releases running as smoothly, securely, and efficiently as possible.
- 1+ Years of Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field. Candidates with equivalent professional experience are encouraged as well.
- Experience with strongly-typed programming languages (Required)
- Experience managing, optimizing and debugging cloud based web applications (Required)
- Experience with AWS such as Kinesis, S3, EC2, VPC, Elastic Beanstalk, Code Pipelines, Cloudwatch / EventBridge, Lambda (Preferred)
- Experience with TypeScript (Preferred)
- NodeJS and Angular 5+ (Preferred)
- MongoDB (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Google Ads, Google Analytics & general knowledge of Digital Marketing (Preferred)
Why you want to work here:
- We’re a Midwestern company with a West Coast mentality.
- We will value you, your opinion and the strengths you bring to the team.
- We will help our customers solve a problem that they’ve been struggling with since the dawn of advertising.
- You will have the opportunity to truly contribute and help impact a company in the early stages.
- You will learn new skills and grow personally and professionally.
- We like to unwind after a crazy day at the dartboard, playing at our billiards and ping pong tables, or on our building’s rooftop overlooking the ballpark
Core Values (Every decision we make involves our Core Values):
- Be committed to yourself and the team
- Bring a growth mindset to the work you do
- Learn, grow and evolve Together
- Treat others with rust & respect
- Empower & inspire others to be their best selves
- 100% employee insurance paid medical, dental, vision (50% family, children, spouse)
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- Free parking
- Casual Dress