Your Customer Success Manager will set up your Advocado Activate account for you, but they will need the following information from you in order to do so. Below you'll find a step-by-step overview of how this information will be used and how the account will be set up.
1. Provide the contact information for the agency contact.
2. Provide the contact information for the advertiser that will be utilizing Activate.
3. Add the information for the specific brand that will be enhanced, including the Google Ads Customer ID.
4. We will now set up a Trigger. A Trigger occurs when a spot airs and pings Advocado Activate, telling our system that the spot is currently running. To set up a Trigger, we will need basic spot information--AEIS IDs, ISCIs and length in particular--for all of your spots as well as the Google Analytics ID for the brand.
5. Set up your Google Ads Campaigns as you normally would. Our system works seamlessly with Google Ads.
6. Internally as a team, identify which keywords (in which Ad Groups, in which Campaigns) that you would like to boost.
7. We will then establish the specific Actions when our system is hit with a Trigger. Actions spell out exactly how a keyword(s) should be adjusted when a Trigger occurs. They are also sometimes referred to as Triggered-Actions.
8. Creating an Action starts with selecting the markets/stations on which the ad will be running, and therefore where you'd like your boosted digital ad to be served.
9. Referring back to step 6, we are now ready to select the keywords that you'd like to boost within Activate.
10. Set the Bid Maximum. The bid adjustment will never exceed this number.
11. Set the percentage by which you'd like to multiply the #1 Bid, when Google Ads provides a first position bid estimate.
12. Set the percentage by which you'd like to multiply your current bid, when Google Ads does not provide a first position bid estimate.
13. Your CSM will repeat steps 4, 8-12 for every spot that you're running for this brand.
That's it! Your Advocado Activate Trigger and Action are now all set up and ready to roll.