In business, as in life, the devil is in the details. By that, we mean that the most successful entrepreneurs are the ones who sweat the small stuff; they're the people who are willing to get into the trenches and examine the little aspects of their business that others in their field will ignore. After all, some of the so-called “smallest” elements of your company can have a big effect on how your entire operation functions. The same is true for call analytics. While some business owners will dismiss this metric and ignore it completely, progressive companies use data from call analytics –– not only to bolster their sales numbers –– but to improve their entire marketing strategy.
The Value of Call Tracking in the Digital Age
Some business owners balk at the idea of utilizing call analytics because they feel it won’t provide their business with any benefit. Since they market themselves online –– and don’t use cold calling as part of their sales strategy –– they (wrongly) believe they have no use for call tracking data. In point of fact though, companies that market themselves online need call tracking software more than any other type of business. That’s because even though customer engagement begins online, sales still occur offline –– over the phone. Call tracking brings the missing pieces together and connects offline sales conversions back to the online content that generated it. Without retrieving data from call tracking software, a business would have no idea how to gauge the effectiveness of their online marketing content.
How Call Analytics Improves Sales
Now that we’ve established the basic concept of call attribution, we can explain how using call analytics will boost your sales numbers. With the help of call tracking data you can:
- Identify which ads and marketing content are funneling qualified leads to your sales team.
- Prevent unqualified leads from calling your business and wasting your company time and money.
- Optimize ads and other marketing content to increase the number of leads your sales team interacts with.
- Examine the outcome of every sales call your team makes.
- Analyze the effectiveness of your in-call sales tactics. (And work to improve your employees’ performance over the phone.)
- Determine prevalent trends in your sales history over long periods of time.
- Calculate marketing ROI, ROAS, and sales conversion rates to gain a clearer picture of the way your business operates.
- Synchronize your marketing/sales efforts.
The best companies understand that marketing and sales should be a cohesive unit, and that if you want to improve the performance of one, you need to focus on both elements of your marketing-sales dynamic.
Call Tracking Solutions
Many small business owners are preoccupied with their sales numbers and understandably so. Indeed, without consistent sales a business would quickly lose viability. What’s important to understand about the value of call analytics, however, is that it won’t just help you improve your sales numbers. It will also streamline and revolutionize your entire marketing-sales process. And the best news about call tracking software is that, even if you haven’t been using it to this point, it’s never too late to start. Call the Advocado team to do just that today! Additionally, be sure to check out our case study and see for yourself how Traaqr drastically improved a company’s sales numbers –– while decreasing ad spend at the same time!